Fall Makeover Tips that Sell Your Home
“Fall is the perfect time to add color to your walls and update décor in your home, ahead of the busy holiday season,” says Julie Richard, Ace Hardware design expert. “Whether you’re looking to add a pop of color with a decorative statement piece, or apply a fresh coat of paint to a room that needs a lift, our advice will help you bring transformative updates to life during the most colorful time of year.”
Organic and timeless, autumn’s foliage lends itself to warm, neutral color palettes and vintage décor paired with deep greens and jewel tones, says Richard and colleagues Katie Reynolds and Nathan Fischer, also Ace design experts. The trio recommends updating your home with these color trends:
1. Green – Bring this trend to life in your home by painting a statement piece using a vibrant green, or by painting an accent wall in a muted olive tone.
2. White – Give your living room more depth and dimension with new baseboards (that are at least five inches high) in a creamy, opal white. To really transform the look of your space, paint the floor in a stark white.
3. Black – Dark furniture against white walls can help make a bold statement in an otherwise neutral space. Paint base cabinets or your favorite piece of furniture in a shade like black chiffon for a crisp, classic look.
4. Blue – Add doses of color in complementary shades, such as sky blue walls with orange accessories, to add character and flair to a room.
5. Pink – Don’t overlook the ceiling! Add a hint of blush to the ceiling to simulate the appearance of a slight glow.
Source: Ace Hardware